- Our fabric is locally purchased in USA.
- Our transport from fabric supplier to our studio and production is 100% electric meaning zero gas emissions.
- We produce in small quantities as needed so we reduce unnecessary waste and mass production.
- Some styles are made per order only.
- We use low energy at our office and for production.
Low impact dyes:
Low impact dye process follows these methods:
Additional auxiliaries and additives in the dye bath are biodegradable.
- Blend of Hemp, Certified Organic Cotton and 4% of Lycra.
- Our fabric is sustainable and fair trade.
- It is made in China in factory that is a member of the Fair Wear Foundation.
- We purchase our fabric locally in USA from a supplier that uses Ocean Freight for transportation. Ocean freight uses less energy per pound per mile than air freight, trucking freight and even train freight. Surprisingly less energy is used to ship product from a port in China to a port in Los Angeles than shipping that same product by truck from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
- Hemp can produce 250% more fiber than cotton and 600% more fiber than flax using the same amount of land.
- Hemp adds rich organic matter to the topsoil and preserves topsoil and subsoil structures similar to those of forests.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC COTTON:
WE LOVE OUR FACTORY!!!
Our factory is in Los Angeles and it started as a female owned business. Mother and son were managing factory since 80's. Nowadays it is managed by son only. He is from Italian heritage and we have a lot in common considering the fact that I come from Northern part of Croatia. We are honest to each other and help and make things run easy.
Workers are all payed according to California standards. Same workers work here for more than a decade. I deliver production to factory directly and always take a chance to talk with workers and see who is working and how on each part of production. Sometimes they feed me lunch too.
You purchasing from us helps factory stay in business and feeds many families in Los Angeles where housing is expensive. Our factory ladies depend on daily work at factory to feed and provide for their kids.